On December 26th my best cat friend passed away. I wanted to post a picture of her but all the pictures I have are prints. Instead, I have decided to write a list on why Gramalkin was the best cat/friend ever.
This is just a tribute...She was the best cat in the world.
1.If you were crying she would run over to you and start licking you...but if you cried for too long then she would bite you.
2.She would come and sit with you on the couch but if you ignored her she would start hitting you with her paw.
3.Everyday, when I came home from school I would go in my room and she would be asleep between my mattress pad and the mattress. I don't really know how she got under there, but she liked it.
4.When she was a kitten we had a ping pong table. Gramalkin was jealous of the attention we gave the table so everytime we played she would jump onto the table and lay there. If the ball got close to her she would take it.
5.Gramalkin was really good at giving presents. When I was 10, I came home from church and she had given birth to kittens under my bed. Two little orange fluffballs, Fuzzy and Wuzzy.
6.Gramalkin was a tough cat too. When we got her we lived in the country and there were lots of stray cats. One day, Grams came home with a broken leg. I won't go into the details of the other cat.
7.When we lived on the farm we had adopted a stray dog named Gooch (you can thank my sister for that lovely name.) Well Gooch was obsessed with Grams and followed her everywhere. One day, the family was all in the car, I look out the window and Grams and Gooch are facing each other. Gooch leans forward to sniff or lick Grams and she gave him a swat on the nose. Gooch had to get stitches. After that day they were the best of friends...she even rode on his back a few times.
8.Gramalkin was also very loving. She would climb into your lap and put one paw on each of your shoulders and proceed to nuzzle you to death.
9.Her favorite place to be scratched was on her back near her tail and if you scratched her there for a while she would close her eyes and stick out her tongue.
10.She had a crook in her tail, a notch out of her ear, a little kitty dandruff, and her leg bowed a little when she walked.
11.Last but not least...she made us all happy.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Gramalkin Swanson 1991-2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwww, I'm sorry Bekah. She sounded like a very sweet and feisty cat friend. :(
Post a Comment