Today I woke up and I was happy. It was a good day. Only six more days until Max comes home. I went to work and Max called around 10. We had a short talk and I hung up feeling happier than ever. All I could think about was being in love and how its the greatest feeling in the world. To be loved and to love someone. It sounds sappy but it seriously is the greatest...and sometimes the worst.
I left work and went to run errands with Sarah. We have been working furiously to get the house ready. So many last minute things and details. While we are shopping I get another call from Max...two in one day, how wonderful!
This is how the conversation went:
Max: Our flight to Qatar was cancelled. The plane flew past our base and never stopped. I am going to try to catch another flight tomorrow and I am hopeful that I can make it to Qatar in time.
Me: In time? Do you mean you might not be home on the 24th?
Max: Yeah...if I don't leave for Qatar tomorrow then I won't be home until after Thanksgiving.
Me: How can they do that? I mean, you have plane tickets and arrangements.
Max: It doesn't matter.
So, just to sum all that crap up...Max might not be home when they said he would be. I will find out tomorrow. I tried to be positive and remember that we don't know yet. He still has one more chance to make it back before thanksgiving. But I cant help going to that bad place. Its so unfair. I had this date in my head for two months and its so cruel. I feel like a child who is having a temper tantrum. wah wah wah. I have tried so hard to be positive and strong and understanding but I really f-ing hate the military. I just want my life back.
I love Max with every single, little, tiny, minuscule part of my being and I am so freaking ready to be with him again. Thats why love is the best and the worst. Its amazing when you can be with them and its agony when you can't.
3 comments:
I'm sorry, Bekah - that's horrible. How many days could he be delayed??
I don't know...they don't really share information with us. He just gets orders and we never know when or what they will be. It sucks. I haven't heard from him today so I am hopeful that he did catch a flight. Just cross your fingers!
Post a Comment